Antigravity Yoga is a new kind of workout invented by aeriel performer Christopher Harrison, a former gymnast and Broadway choreographer. It involves performing a series of exercises inspired by yoga, Pilates, calisthenics and aerial acrobatics in a hammock-like apparatus, in order to achieve a total-body workout.
The Benefits Of Antigravity Yoga.
The number one and most instant benefit, is it’s ability to relieve your stress levels, because it is just so much fun! From sitting in it and swinging, to hanging upside down like a monkey, it brings out your inner child and makes you feel happy! Other important benefits include:
- Decompression & lengthening of the spine: this can be a powerful way of reducing and even eliminating back and neck pain.
- Increases flexibility of all the muscles and joints of the body.
- Increases upper body, lower body and especially core strength.
- Improves your balance.
- Builds awareness of your body, which in turn helps to reduce injuries.
- Improves your posture.
The Xero-Compression Inversion:
Some of the unique and exciting benefits are specific to the Xero-Compression Inversions accomplished using the silk hammock. These are the benefits of inverting in the silk hammock:
- Decompression and hydration of the vertebral discs within the spinal column, which also allow space for nerves within the spinal column.
- Re-aligning of the spine.
- Refreshes the endocrine, lymphatic, digestive, and circulatory systems.
- Releases “happy hormones” i.e: serotonin, endorphins, endophalins, endocaniboids & domamine.
- Increases Neuroplasticity of the brain (your ability to learn) by creating new synaptic connections and neural pathways.
- Increased proprioceptive response & kinaesthetic awareness.
- Glowing skin: by providing fresh blood to capillaries in the face, inversions enhance one’s complexion.
Chrisopher Harrison’s Personal Guarantee: If you can “suspend your disbelief, I guarantee that I can make you healthier, happier and taller, in just one session,”
So come and try your first antigravity class here at Embody. I promise you will love it!
Written by Karolina Nesterowicz