TELEHEALTH FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a video consultation with your Physiotherapist. A large part of physiotherapy is providing education, advice, home exercise programs and reassurance to our clients. Video consultations are a great way to keep our clients and Physiotherapists safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. A Telehealth appointment is suitable in the following circumstances:
- You are in self-quarantine for COVID-19 (i.e. due to returning to Australia from overseas, returning to WA from interstate, you are a high-risk individual, you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19)
- You are in self-isolation as you have COVID-19
- You wish to adhere to social distancing of 1.5m
If we feel that you need hands on manual treatment, then we will recommend you attend the clinic. However, if you are unable due to the reasons above, there is still so much we can help with e.g. diagnosis, self-release, education, home exercise programs etc.
Embody is using PhysiApp for Telehealth consultations
Physiapp lets you quickly and conveniently do the following:
- Have your video consultation with your Physio.
- Access your individualised home exercise program including videos and descriptions.
- Gives you the opportunity to communicate with your Physio via messages to check on your progress.
- Allows your Physio to track your progress, pain levels, adherence to your program etc.
Have a look at the following link to find out more about this great program:
What do I need to use PhysiApp?
PhysiApp is available in the following ways:
- By using a web browser on your computer https://www.physiapp.com/
- As an app on your mobile phone
- As an app on your tablet
PhysiApp is compatible with iOS and Android. The Apple device must be running iOS 11 or newer.
For Apple iOS devices, download PhysiApp from the App Store.
For Android devices, download PhysiApp from the Play Store.
The following link gives you further information on how to download the app:
Test your system for Telehealth
If you are unsure whether your device or internet connection will support Telehealth, click the following link to find out more information:
Is PhysiApp safe?
Go to the following link for more information:
How to book a Telehealth consultation?
To book a Telehealth appointment with a Physio, please call Embody Physiotherapy & Pilates reception on 6110 3331 and inform them of the following:
- Specify you would like to book a Telehealth appointment.
- What area of the body you are seeking treatment for?
- Give them your year of birth (this is necessary for client information on PhysiApp).
Are health fund rebates available for Telehealth?
You will need to check with your individual health fund whether they will provide a rebate for one on one Physiotherapy telehealth consultations. Certain health funds will provide coverage for telehealth consultations provided by Physiotherapists from Tuesday 14th April 2020. Services are to be delivered before 30th September 2020.
If your health fund will provide a benefit it is with the following conditions:
- The client is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the client has seen the Physiotherapist over the past six months, OR
- For new clients, they have been referred for a Telehealth Physio consultation by their GP or relevant medical specialist, AND
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. total hip or total knee replacement, ACL surgery etc.)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Pelvic floor muscle training
Can I still book a Telehealth appointment if I cannot get a rebate?
Yes. If you do not fit any of the criteria above, or your health fund does not provide a rebate, you may still book a Telehealth appointment.
Can I book a Telehealth appointment if I have a Chronic Disease Management Plan from my GP?
Yes. You may use your approved number of Physiotherapy sessions with Telehealth. This will commence on Monday 30th March 2020.
What happens once I have booked my Telehealth appointment?
- Make sure your device or computer will support Telehealth.
- Download Physiapp from the App store or Play store if you want to use it on your mobile phone or tablet. This is not necessary if you are only going to use a computer.
- If you remain logged into PhysiApp on your mobile phone or tablet, you will receive a prompt from the app e.g. “Incoming call from Jane Doe”. Open the app and you will see that the Physio is calling you.
- If you are not logged into PhysiApp at the time of your Telehealth appointment, you will receive an email directly from the Physio.
- This email will include a link and your own individual program code (an eight-letter access code). Below is an example of the email you will receive:
Dear John Smith,
please join me for our online session on Saturday, 28 March at the link below:
Program code: kkeecudo
- Well in advance of your appointment, please go to the following link to watch a video and read a step-by-step guide on accepting your PhysiApp Telehealth call:
Use the “help” button on the webpage or in the app. If you can’t find what you are looking for there, please call Embody and a Physio or reception staff member will answer your question.